Thursday, November 6, 2008

Batman Wears Pink

Here's another Adams Street house story I won't soon forget. Sorry about this, Steve. Here ya go, Misty.....

I was upstairs in bed, reading, and Steve was taking a shower downstairs. The girls were probably 4 and 6 at the time, and were tucked in for the night. So there I am enjoying my quiet reading time, and something flew out of nowhere and dipped right over my head! No warning, of course. I immediately threw the covers up over my head and started yelling for Steve. "STEEEEEEEVE!! THERE'S A BAT UP HERE IN THE BEDROOM!! HEEEEELLLLLPPP!!" I'm not brave when it comes to bats and I don't care what you think of that.
Well, I could hear him yelling back "WHAT??" or at least that's what I thought I was hearing. I kept on yelling, "BAT...UP HERE...HELP ME!" He kept on yelling "WHAT?" or that's what I thought anyway. That, and a few other choice thoughts too.
So I finally ran out of air and had to peek out to see where the bat went and noticed it was gone. Of course, I didn't go check on my kids, who were probably being eaten alive and going rabid at that time. I just shut the door and waited. And waited. And waited. Finally, I heard major banging noises from downstairs and I gathered that the bat had just said hello to Steve.

Finally, he came upstairs, opened the door and there he stood. Batman. (Music swells)
Yes, my brave husband stood there, outside the bedroom door. Tennis racquet in one hand, other hand holding up his bath towel, a little pink and white striped number that was too small. I wanted to laugh at first, but thought maybe I'd better ask what happened downstairs first.
I said, "Didn't you hear me yelling?"
With a little condescending tone, he says, "Uh, yeah..I was in the shower!"
"Didn't you hear me yelling "bat"?"
"Yes, I heard you many times and I kept saying, "I know!" and you just kept yelling "bat"!!

Oops, I guess he wasn't saying "what?" after all. He then explained how hard it is to be Batman while wearing your wife's bath towel. He was just a swingin' that racquet, running from room to room, opening doors to the outside, all while trying to hold that pink towel on.
My Batman is so brave, dontcha think??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rarely a dull moment in the Roger's home, eh? I heard it said one day "real men wear pink", and carry a bat :)
You're so cute Jaime!!
Love ya girl! Misty :)

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...