Friday, December 12, 2008

The Truth and Where to Find It

Hey, do you like a good book? Do you like stories about war, natural disasters, disease, triumph, love, challenge, transformations, miracles, and much much more?

Look no further than your Holy Bible! It has it all.

The world is getting to many of us, and it's harder than ever to remain calm in the storm. Stocks are falling, jobs are lost, people are suffering, times are just scary right now. Needing a bailout?

Look no further than your Bible!

Worried about how you're going to pull off Christmas when you're not sure about the status of your job, your home, your life??

See what God says about His provision in the Bible.

It's not just a good book. Not just something to dust off when company comes. Not just a book of thin paper with thous, thees, and thys. It is the greatest book ever written, God-breathed, in fact, and the only TRUTH we can depend on. Believe me, it's a good read.

Now more than ever, we need to go to the source of truth for what we need. Wisdom, knowledge, strength, courage. None of that comes from our own efforts. God gives us what we need. God and only God.

I spent several hours looking up scripture on Tuesday morning because I needed answers. CNN has opinions, the newspaper has some too, but when I need the truth, I go to my Bible.

I found 80 scriptures that helped me deal with the storms life wants to deal out. We need to hold on tight, stay close to God and each other, and get through this together. Tough times are here, and they don't seem to be going anywhere anytime soon.

"Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you;he will never let the righteous fall" Psalm 55:22

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...