Monday, December 8, 2008

Try a Little Tenderness

"Cease Expecting and you will gain all things."

Someone very wise said that and I can't remember who it was. I used to say this in my mind all the time and have found that I have started saying it again.

People would be great if they just didn't disappoint us, ya know? It would be great if they always remembered to include you. Sometimes it would be awesome if they just looked your way! Oops, there I go expecting again. What was I thinking??

I have a pretty soft heart, so I do expect people to treat me the way I treat them. I like to do kind things, so silly me, I appreciate kindness in return. I don't like to leave people out, so I try to include everyone as much as I can. Hmmm....why doesn't that always work in return?

It's not just me getting the short end sometimes. I see it all the time. This is not a "woe is me" attitude. I'm simply noticing that it happens to me and it happens around me. I don't know why. All I know is I believe in the Golden Rule, but a lot of people forget what that really means. Those of us who feel that way, maybe we should get together!

A little sensitivity....is that really too much to expect these days?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...