Monday, May 11, 2009

Never Give Up

It may look like any other apple blossom starting to unfold....
It may look dead, hollow, and useless, ready to fall...


It may be barely hanging on, being supported by a lowly olive bush, yet life goes on, even in death.
No matter what the circumstances, or how things appear, no matter if the fruit grows or not, the tree will remain strong, serving its purpose. It won't matter how many people gave up on it, or how many storms batter it. It won't care that another tree's apples are finer. It has a will to carry on and be exactly as it was designed to be. Its trunk will be a home to small animals, its branches a meal for a deer, while shade for another. Its will is the strongest part of the trunk.
Sometimes that is enough.
2Corinthians 12:10
That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties, For when I am weak, then I am strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...