Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Busy Weeks Ahead

I can't believe I'm even here blogging. The next 2 weeks and beyond are filling up like crazy. Yesterday was busy, today was and is busy, and on and on it goes until after Father's Day. Then I hope we have time to breathe. It's not that I planned too much. Nope. It's just end of the year stuff at school....D.A.R.E. graduation today (Nat read her essay at the ceremony), orthodontics appointments tonight, and field days Friday and Monday. Not too mention all the teacher thank you gifts...then we have a garage sale coming up, 2 open houses on the same weekend, then VBS, father's day......not only is it time consuming, but expensive. Summer flies by too fast because of these busy things we have going on. Fun, yes, but I do enjoy a break in between activities, and June is just crazy. I don't like being overbusy. It makes the time go by, and I feel like we missed a whole month of summer. Whatever happened to the "lazy days of summer" anyway? I want them to come back!!
I used to lament about it even more than I am now! I would make all these plans, then go to the mailbox and we'd have all these invitations to things, and I would just stomp all the way back to the house! There goes our vacation! There goes the last few bucks this month! There goes our quiet weekend at home! Can't we ever just have our time to ourselves anymore??
Sometimes life is just "too much", and "too busy". It takes the fun out of it sometimes.
So, for now I am busy, but soon I will be home watching the girls playing in the pool. Now for that, I will sit ALL day!! As I always say, life is short. Try to enjoy it while you're here.
Have a great and not too crazy summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...