Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Spring-A-Ding-Ding

Yup, I said it. Spring. It is coming! Ever since Natalie could understand the seasons, she always asked the same question: "Mommy, when is spring really here?" She just didn't get the whole Michigan thing. Like, yes, March 20th is the "first day of spring", but that doesn't mean we break out the flip flops. It could still snow after that. In fact, many first days of spring were met with snowfall! As soon as it would get just a little warmer...."mommy, is it spring yet?" I'd say, "well, almost." She would get so frustrated with me because I could never tell her the EXACT day of spring!

She's still at it with the question, even at age 12. She has asked me at least three times since the weather started improving. "Mom, is it spring yet?" Ugh!!

Well, whether it's spring or not, I've seen signs of it. The robins are back and the sewers in town smell awful! The buds are out on the trees, my tulips, hyacinths, and other greeney things are coming up. The snow is completely gone from our yard too! We've enjoyed one batch of our maple syrup and have collected almost enough for another batch. Pancakes again this weekend! Happy Spring.

We all enjoyed the nicer weather by practicing volleyball and basketball skills. The girls are really doing well! Of course things got a little crazy as we wound down a bit. Natalie pulled her running pants way up past her belly button and ran around. She also showed me her "faster than a cat reflex" game, which cracked me up entirely. She had me throw the ball at her, and then she would wait until after it hit her and then pretend to try to catch it. While we were playing volleyball over the clothesline, she would get hit with the ball and just collapse, twisting her arms and legs everywhere. Then she'd put her leg behind her head and say "looky I can do, mom!" I tell you, the kid is a hoot and a half!

Serena is just learning volleyball and basketball and if she keeps on going, she'll be a force to be reckoned with! She's fast, strong, and a bit ruthless! :) I have so much fun goofing around with my girls. Steve got in on the action too, using his giant rake to bat the ball around, and shooting baskets with Serena.

Spring is good, but Life? It's great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...