Monday, June 21, 2010

June Buzzings

Summer just started, and already it's a whirlwind of activity. We just finished with Vacation Bible School, which was a blast! I had the privilege of being one of the photographers who captured all the fun. I enjoyed every moment of it except for not feeling all that great! The kids were so much fun and so cute too. I continue to be so impressed by how well everyone works together to make it such a great event. Definitely the WOW factor! We were all sad to see it end.

I have had some health issues for the past month or so, and they are finally being addressed. I have had some medication changes and will start PT this week. Hopefully all of those combined will get me some relief and some much-needed sleep!

My jury duty was a total disaster. I found out on Wednesday evening that I was supposed to show up on Thursday morning. Problem was, I hadn't been sleeping all week, and I had a migraine that lasted 3 days. I had a doc appointment for that very day, and no way was I going to miss it! So when I called with this information, I was treated like an ingrate! I was not given any amount of courtesy whatsoever. This did nothing for the way I was already feeling. Long story short, I had my doctor excuse me, then I find out my service obligation was finished on that Thursday. So, she treated me like garbage over a one day jury selection which turned out to be nothing. I will be sure to apply for her job one day, as I may not know a lot of things, but one thing I know is how people need to be treated. Golden Rule, Miss Jury Clerk. Golden Rule.

Because of my health, I haven't been able to help Steve with the patio we started a few weeks ago. It is looking F I N E fine! I feel bad that I can't do a lot to help, but he's taking it slow and doing a great job. I can't wait to have a party on it!

Steve had a nice father's day, with the girls cleaning his car inside and out! They bought him all kinds of nice treats and decorated a bin for his garage for "MANLY STUFF-NO GIRLY STUFF ALLOWED" They never cease to make him feel like a million bucks on a special day. We had a great dinner, visits with both our pops, and thanked our Father in Heaven for all of it!!

I'm still doing my scrapbook challenge with 2 friends. I have a layout to finish hopefully this week and get it sent off to Missouri. The girls are starting the reading program up at the library again, so costume plans and construction plans will be our focus for awhile. We have some camping to do, of course, and a whole list of things we want to do this summer. I hope to do them all, with time to also sit and relax on that new patio.

I'll try to check in again soon. Hope you're having a nice summer so far.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sorry you not feeling well Jami, I am praying you get some much needed sleep and pain free days. Connie

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...