Friday, July 30, 2010

For Kyle

I met Dawn at preschool, where Serena and Justin were classmates. I loved her honest, authentic, "here I am, like it or not" personality. Well, I liked her right away! And I'm thinking of her every day lately...

Her older son, Kyle has been diagnosed with a form of brain cancer. Kyle is 11 and going into the 6th grade at CES. They are doing many fundraisers for Kyle, 2 of which I can tell you about here.

There is a Pig Roast/ Bake Sale/ Raffles/ Auction/ Live Bands Event going on at the Clare Moose Lodge 1890 E. Ludington Dr. Clare, on Saturday, July 31st, beginning at 2pm.

In Farwell, there will be a 9 & 10 All Stars Game at 3pm. I believe the ball park is just a couple blocks off main street. There is also Lumberdays going on, so town will be busy. The Game is free, but donations will be taken for Kyle. I haven't talked to Steve yet, but I know my parents will be there.

Above all, friends, please pray for this family. For salvation in some cases, and for all the things you know this family needs right now. George, Dawn, Kyle and Justin will be in my prayers every day, and I hope they'll find their way into yours.

Thank You, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...