Sunday, December 5, 2010

Deckin' the Halls

Steve got most of the outdoor lights up last weekend and they look great! We had hoped to finish today, but we had too many things going on. Oh well. The girls and I finished up the tree today! I was so thankful for them last weekend when they hauled up the branches, put the tree together and fluffed the branches--all 9 feet of it! No easy task, for sure. I'm just not able to run up and down those stairs 22 times, so it was such a blessing to have their help!

They are heading to the grandma's houses this week to help them assemble their trees as well. They both enjoyed helping them get ready for Christmas last year and the grandmas really appreciate the help. I can't believe how grown up they are!

Our girls are strict with traditions, which I find so endearing. We HAVE to do everything the SAME!! Same time, same order, same everything! It's so cute. I love that they feel such a strong connection to Christmas and our celebrations. It will surely stick with them for as long as they live.

Well, better get back to deckin' the halls, folding the laundry, making the biscuits, and getting ready for the coming week. Whew...I'm tired already!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...