Sunday, December 12, 2010

Snow Days and Eagle Moms

Yay Yay It's a SNOW DAY! First on the agenda....SLEEP IN!! Second...Take my time drinking coffee! Third....Drink more coffee since I don't have to drive to school! Fourth...mix up some cookie dough and fill the kitchen with chocolatey chippy yummy goodness....Fifth...go back to bed! Since I can't eat the cookies, I'll give them away! (I'm on a good track with my weight loss!!)

Well, I hope to achieve at least one or two of those, but it usually doesn't turn out that way! The girls and I are all making homemade gifts, so we will probably spend a good part of the day getting to work on those. I would tell you mine, but occasionally Natalie sneaks in on my blog while at school. I guess she's just making sure I'm respecting her privacy! I do try, but there are so many things I would love to tell you, just to make you laugh and feel better about yourself as a mom! :)

Let's just say the "pre-teen and tween" years are getting a bit difficult. I'm thinking "CONVENT" and "moving to the mountains". I'm finding out what I'm made of as a mom. Believe me when I tell you that you'll have no idea what kind of mom you are until your values are being pushed and tested to their very limits! Will you give in? Will you hold strong? Only you will know!

All I know is I want to be the best mom I can be, and it's NOT easy, by any means. I feel like an eagle sometimes. Always watching, ears pricked, wings ready to spring, feet ready to claw into the enemy! Mostly, always protecting and trying to survive. Yup, I'm an eagle. There is no room for chickens at the top, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...