Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Weirdo Welcome Wagon

Steve has been in Texas this past week and will be home soon! I couldn't be happier, let me tell you. What a week! Normally I wouldn't post that my husband is away because of possible weirdo attacks. But this time is different. If I happened to catch a weirdo out here prowling, I would put him or her to work! I could use the help!

Hey, weirdo, while you're out window peeping, fill up my birdfeeders and hook up the birdbath heater. Take the dog out and then clean up after her. Shovel the end of my driveway because those sissy tires on my grocery getter keep getting stuck there. Nearly twice I've been mowed down by big trucks who think it's fun to speed on a curvy road. I've decided that weirdos must drive big trucks too. And , weirdo, while you're out shoveling, take out my trash. We missed last week, so it's a very large, very smelly load. It might even be recycling week, and if it is, get busy crushing plastic, buddy. If you're not too terribly weird, I just may let you run my kids to basketball practice, church, school, and run my personal errands. While you're out, pick up my coffee creamer. I ran out this morning and I'm short on cash. Pick up some fabric softener, then come back and do some laundry too. Take the Christmas tree to the basement, fix the broken bulb in Nat's room, rotate my sissy tires, fill up my gas tank, and make me dinner!!

I couldn't be happier that my hubby is on his way home after a long busy week. When I open the door for him, I will simply say, "Welcome Home, Weirdo".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...