Monday, February 14, 2011

Busy is as Busy Does

I'm a bit busy, so I'll try to make this short and sweet!

Today is Valentine's day...I don't really care about it, but some people do, so I'm making French Onion Soup for dinner...the table is all decked out in Valentine cheesiness, the kids Valentine's are on their plates....Steve's love letter is written and ready for his pretty blue eyes to read.

Natalie's super sweet 13 is tomorrow, so I'm baking the cake today...a tiered strawberry cake that looks all sweet until Spongebob jumps out of it in his underwear. That is my daughter in one sentence. I have to find some time to decorate it while doing Valentine stuff, a basketball game, and my normal stuff too. It could get a little dicey around here.

Home game tonight! So while my soup is on the backburner, I will throw on my Comets shirt and jump in the bleachers to cheer on #5!

Tomorrow is Nat's birthday, of course, so I have birthday dinner to throw together, a house to prepare for company, a doctor's appointment after school, a practice pick up at 5, dinner at 6, cake at 7. I collapse at 8!

I don't remember birthdays being this crazy when I was a kid. Of course, none of us were born around holidays either. Both of my girls were. Double whammy! It is hard to balance it all, especially when everything seems to happen on the same day.

After my "lunch" of a handful of doritoes and some strawberry cake batter, I'm headed to try to make myself look like a Valentine instead of a wash woman. That could take all day!!

Enjoy your "hallmark" holiday whatever you do! I know, I sound like a man when I say that, don't I? I'm sorry, Valentine's Day is every day to me. I'm tired of people telling me when to celebrate Love!! I eat chocolate every day too, so there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...