Thursday, March 3, 2011

Merry Maids...Take Me Away!

I've started my "Plan of Attack: Spring Cleaning" list once again this year, and it's not pretty. How on earth did this 5 year old house get so dirty? I have quite a long list, and it begins with the following:

1. Clean all light fixtures and ceiling fans
2. Wash down all walls, baseboards, trim, and light switches
3. Wash tops of kitchen cabinets(oh, my goodness)
4. shampoo carpets and upholstery
5. Windows, windows, windows, plus curtains, casings,and sills


Truly, think of all the time that is going to take from my life. I will never get those hours back!! Today I spent over 2 hours on my refrigerator and pantry cupboards. I could have taken 2 bubble baths in that amount of time! I'd have to clean the tub first though....

Does anyone really care if my ceiling fans are clean? Who am I doing all this work for anyway? Steve doesn't notice if the house is clean or not. He's tired when he gets home and just wants a hot meal! The girls, believe me, don't value cleanliness! So, is it for company? Nope. I don't have much of that unless I initiate it, which is hardly ever! Besides, I wouldn't invite people over who would wear their white gloves anyway!

So is it for me? Probably. I feel better when my house is clean and uncluttered. Then I feel I can scrapbook or watch a movie guilt free! Problem is, my house never stays that way long enough to enjoy it anyway! I have what we all call a losing battle! You never get caught up on cleaning or laundry, right? You enjoy a clean house for the amount of time that no one is there!!

I agree with Eleanor Roosevelt...."The only advantage of not being too good a housekeeper is that your guests are so pleased to feel how very much better they are!"

SO, I guess I must keep it dirty for my company who might come over. Yeah, that's it!! Well, gotta go....bubble bath time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...