Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Fourth Time Was A Pain!

Finally. My wedding ring is back on my finger! It wasn't easy, though...

We got the kids off to Toledo Saturday morning, then made our way to town for our 11am appointment with the jeweler. The plan: Size the ring, then pick up the girls' rings, pay, go spend the day having fun together. Yeah, right.

We arrived at the store, the jeweler apologized for forgetting to do the sizing, then told us to come back in about 45 minutes and it would be ready.

We went off to run some errands, and basically kill time, because we couldn't do our grocery shopping until just before we were headed home. We gave him 90 minutes to complete the work before we stopped back in, truly ready to get this behind us!

When we returned to the store, we were met by an employee who looked in vain for my wedding ring and the other two rings we were waiting for. He couldn't find them anywhere, and the jeweler had gone to lunch.

So we did some more running around, killing time, carving up a day that was meant to be spent together at home. Meanwhile, we did have a nice lunch together, and spent some time looking at sway bars for the camper. So romantic, I know.

We returned yet again (3rd trip in one day) in hopes of finally picking up our rings, paying them, knowing we would never do business with them again! This time my wedding ring was done, but Natalie's ring hadn't even been started! What??

As predicted, Steve put my ring on my finger while sitting in the parking lot! We then went off in search of more things to do while we waited, getting a bit frustrated. From Menard's, we called to make sure the final ring was finished before we made our 4th and last trip to the jewelry store!

They gave us a bit of a discount for our trouble, which covered the gas, given the gas prices and all of our trips. Finally, we made our last stop at the grocery store and got home in time to have a nice steak dinner together. It was fantastic!

I'm glad to have my ring and glad to be done with all the hoopla! I sure wish people would do a better job with customer service. It would have made a huge difference in our day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...