Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Stuff From a Sleepless Mind

Good morning! It's been a long morning for me, as I decided after tossing and turning a bit to just drag it out of bed at 4:50am. Do you know there is nothing good on TV at that hour? Not even a good old Three's Company episode!

So what's a sleepy girl like me doing in a place like this? Well, sometimes when I can't sleep, I begin praying, which leads to thinking! Thinking keeps me up more than anything.

What made me feel better about getting up with the roosters is a song I heard the other day. Don't ask me the name or who sings it. I was trying to hear it while someone was talking...rude, I know, but it really caught me and I wanted to know what the lyrics were. The line that caught me was something about "sleepless nights are for letting me know you're still there" or something like that. I guess the jist of the song was that when God is taking you through rough times, he uses it all to help us to grow. Like a tossing turning worrying restless me. He used my sleepless night to remind me of His presence. I will be listening for that song again for sure!

We've had a bunch of busyness going on so far, with appointments and jam-making, pool and deck building, and the other stuff in life. We always think summer is a laid back time, but that really is just a state of mind!

Just a sidenote: I bought a bathing suit yesterday! It was a monumental moment for me! Did it have something to do with my favorite number? Oh, yes, I would say "17" had something to do with it.

I'll leave you pondering on that! Enjoy your summer. I'm going back to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...