Friday, March 2, 2012

Make Up Your Mind

When having discussions with our girls about future dating or party situations, Steve and I tell them all the time--Have your mind made up about what you're going to do before you're faced with the possibility of doing it. This could mean that someone asks them to drive around and suddenly they get the idea to smash mailboxes...or drink...or worse. Always have a way out. Always have us on speed dial! Always know your answer before you get the question. Make up your mind IN ADVANCE so that you don't have to think about it at all.

I try to take our own advice, but I admit, it's easy to forget this. I was watching Joyce Meyer this week, taking my usual notes, and she talked about this very subject. She stressed so many of the things that tend to trip me up. Like how I allow my feelings to rule me. Ugh. I wish that wasn't me. I really believe that if you don't have your mind made up about things, you will tend to be double-minded. You will slip in your thoughts, which makes you slip in your speech and eventually your actions. Knowing this doesn't make it any easier to remember. That is why I study!

So, here are some of the things I wrote in my notes. I credit them all to Joyce Meyer, who is my daily preacher!

* I'm not going to figure stuff out anymore. I'm going to pray and ask God for supernatural understanding and I will wait and let him give it to me when he wants to give it to me.

* It doesn't matter how I feel, I know what I'm gonna do.

* No more "why why why?? when when when?? Stop reasoning. God is not the author of confusion. We are."

* I will.....walk in love, be generous,treat people the way I want to be treated, not waste time on self-pity, living in the past, bitterness or anger toward people

* If anybody can get well, I can get well. If anybody can overcome, I can overcome. If anybody can get out of debt, I can get out of debt. If anybody can ________________, I can________________.

* Make up your mind that you are NOT going to give up, and that you will have all that Jesus died for you to have!

* I am going to have peace.
* If my day doesn't go the way I planned, I will stay in God, and I will stay calm. When I feel the attack coming, I will say, NO!

* I can stay out of things that don't involve me, but get me all upset. I can choose not to be easily offended. I can choose not to get mad. I can forgive you.

* My circumstances don't change. I do.

* I don't need to have a wimpy mind. Waah Waah is Not me.

* I am going to enjoy....my life, my husband, my kids, my freedom, my home, God, my day, etc...I will NOT let Satan or anyone have my joy.

* I will learn to think like God thinks and say what God says and my life will be straightened out.

* Truth removes deception.

* I can replace wrong thoughts with right ones.

* Love always believes the best in people. I can love people instead of getting mad at them for things I am also guilty of.

* I don't have to depend on how I feel. I bow down to God, not my feelings.

* The deeper the problem, the more Satan will attack it to keep you there.

* I am not what I feel. Feelings are fickle. They will change tomorrow.

* I am what I believe and my feelings will catch up with what I believe if I am steadfast and not double-minded.

* This is the day that the Lord has made. I WILL rejoice and be glad in it.

The power of a made up mind. You just can't beat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...