Thursday, April 19, 2012

Butterfly Fly

I haven't disappeared...well, not entirely. It's been a bit chaotic around here these days. I just spent the last week recovering from a muscle spasm...not fun! Better now, but still trying to catch up on all I missed. I don't like to post much when things aren't going well...ah...you caught me, fair-weather friend. No, really, it's just that I've tried to stop myself from complaining so much and being negative, so I just have to get quiet when things aren't so great! Not such a bad thing, really. I have been a bit grouchy about some things...namely being left out of our team basketball pics. The original pictures were ruined by the person who took them, then they rescheduled it with only a two hour notice via a note from school! Steve was one of the coaches, and was not called about the photo due to some ahem, rudeness. There I said it. So, not only was my dad taken to the hospital that day, but there was no way we could have made it to pictures. We were disappointed, but good ole mom photographer is planning a little shoot of her own. Basketball did not go as well as we had hoped. Some attitudes needed adjusting, and it wasn't the girls. See? I just need to be quiet. I decided that injustices really push my buttons. Not that nothing else does, but I really detest unfairness, and I detest it when someone talks against God or my kids or my family, my friends. I just can't handle it! So, grouchy. Hmmm... Serena brought her report card home, and for some known reason, got a poor citizenship grade in only one of her classes. It seems a teacher who dislikes me likes to push my buttons by using my kid. So annoyed. Maybe it was my days of pain, being stuck in bed for nearly a week, that set my mind to reeling. I had to really do some hard praying about my attitude and not letting my feelings take over my heart. It seems my enemy knows how to get to me. I don't go down without fighting back. Thank God for his power working through me. I would be a mess without Him. In some ways, I am still a caterpillar....fighting to get out of the cocoon I put myself in. Other days I am soaring like a butterfly. I just hope I don't stay stuck in the "in-between" for too long. I have many reasons to fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...