Thursday, April 24, 2014

Success?


How do you define success? 

If you're struggling with a disability, whether it is physical, mental, learning, or otherwise, does that mean you'll never be a so-called "success"? 

I sure don't believe that. I also don't believe that just because one holds a title, degree, or money that he or she is an automatic "success".  Though I value people with the drive for education and betterment, I will never think they are " better" than anyone else. Sorry... 

True success doesn't need money, recognition, muscles, prestige, things. It needs a heart that loves God and because of that, loves others. It's a person who knows humility, not the world's definition of greatness. 

So you who consider it a success just to put your feet on the floor each day, or wake up without pain for the first time, YOU are the real champions. You're not tooting your own horn, but I know you. Your horn is solid gold!! 

Don't let anyone try to tell you you're not enough because of where you go to school, what your job title is, what your kids do or don't do. That is of the world. We don't all get the same advantages in life and I am grateful for that. My struggles and my family struggles have made me who I am today. My family may not be full of titles and "successes", but one thing we have is love and openness. We care about each other and know what's going on in each other's lives. We also share the bond of knowing and loving God. To me, success. 

I was given health struggles all my life. Few people have understood or even tried to understand. The few that did and still do are my dearest friends and family. It's a small number. For me, success. I don't need a large number of anybodys to feel important in life. Just real ones. 

Some still define success by the world's shallow definition. That's sad to me to be chasing after something that may not even be meant for you because you think your value is in it somewhere. 

No, your value is there already. It has never left you. You were made by God for a purpose, and it will be a success by His standards. 

It won't matter if the world "gets it" or not. 

Blessings to you! 


1 comment:

sirnorm1 said...

Good word. I see the chocolate is doing you some good:)

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...