Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Walls

How quickly tears flow when you go back in time....my feelings as I unpack boxes of framed photos of our family. 

This June, Steve will lose the 4 walls that he earned in all his years at his company. He's not losing his job, thank God! He's moving across town to a new building. However nice the new building is, there will be no walls. It's an open concept-no privacy but for some conference rooms. The biggest problem won't be the noise and lack of ability to nap at his desk! It will be the loss of his 4 wall gallery we've built in 16 years. 
This "gallery" of pictures of us, his family, have given him comfort, peace, joy, reminders of gratefulness, and purpose. We've all smiled on him as he struggled through a rough call, annoying outcome, rude person. He has looked to those walls and said, " this is who I work for", and it has kept him sane. 

So, to save some company dollars, they decided to move his department. Can I just say that maybe if they didn't give the top execs underground parking and the most elite homes, that maybe the "little guys" could keep their well-earned walls? 

I know, I know. Life isn't fair and we work as if we're working for The Lord, not men. And the walls God provides for all the comfort, peace, and gratefulness that we need are limitless. 

Steve is a humble guy, hardworking, diplomatic and has the biggest heart of anyone I know. He'll be fine without us, and he'll be happy to come home each night, where the walls embrace him. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...