Friday, August 29, 2014

A Prayer for Relationships

Sometimes it's hard to remember that this journey is my own. That it has nothing to do with who approves of it, who agrees with me, or who understands. It doesn't matter who is taking it with me or who chose not to take it with me. Who criticizes my choices or my opinions or my feelings simply does not figure in when at the end of the day I count my blessings.
I think that is why it is so profound to me when someone stands by me for the long haul. It is proof to me that they love with the love that God instilled in them. They choose to love with God's heart and see with God's eyes. It's not easy to love imperfect people. Oh, wait, aren't we all imperfect? Well, some of us are pretty good at faking perfection, but at the end of the day, we all know it's a front.  Wouldn't relationships be so much easier if we were allowed to be ourselves and let others be themselves too? But for some reason, we just can't do it....

My prayer is and always will be:
Lord,
Continue to make me the person you want me to be for your service. Prepare me for the relationships you want for me and take away the ones that are not healthy for me or for that person. Help me to see where I fail in my friendships and strengthen me and prepare me for new friendships to enter my life. Thank you for those who continue to stand by me and who have been there for me these past few difficult months. Help me to see their needs as well and keep me strong so I can be there for them. Help me to always see others with your eyes and grow my heart to forgive those who have hurt me or disappointed me. As always let me glorify you in all I say and do and with all the relationships in my life.

In Jesus' name,
AMEN

1 comment:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...