Monday, August 4, 2014

Simple Love

On the family white board this week:

"God loves you more than anyone ever could"

That's truth! He loves us through Himself, and He loves us through our families, which includes little white dogs named Angel...who cuddle on makeshift beds and heal mending hearts.


Natalie has been needing extra love lately. She had it last Thursday when she walked back through the door and her sister and I embraced her. She got it from  her youth leader Tasha, her daddy, and after a few secret text from interfering mom, her dearest friends. :) She got it from strangers (to her) who lifted her up in prayer because they know and remember what a broken heart at 16 feels like. She got love from grandparents, my close friends, and her aunt, all who cherish and protect my girl. 

She has been perking up considerably! We took her shopping and after the trip she hugged me and told me she was okay. She told me she had been feeling God's presence a lot, even before the break up. I had been praying a lot before that too...so much power! She is so mature and full of grace about everything that happened. She's so much more evolved than I was at that age. She is ready to put it behind her and move on and do what's best for her! Wow! 

One of her besties showed her some love at youth Sunday night as she shared her testimony. The basis of her testimony was meeting Natalie, and having her as a friend. She said Natalie has always been there for her no matter what and has always been a positive influence on her. As Natalie tearfully relayed this to me last night, I saw even more cracks healing in her heart. 

See, it doesn't matter who broke our hearts. Only God can mend them. He might use other people to help, but as you can see, the special people he appointed to help Natalie through this all love Him. Wow. So if the boy never does anything to fix it, it won't matter. She'll be whole anyway! Just like the people who never tell us they're sorry. They're not the ones who would heal us anyway. 

Thank you God and appointed people for love. Simple and true. Easy to give. Easy to do. Powerful and forever! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...