Monday, July 6, 2015

Photogenic: Day 19

Our family cottage was purchased when I was 9 years old. At that time, my parents bought all of us kids (the 4 living there at the time) toothbrushes and used a label maker to put our names on them. 
This trip to the cottage was hard, as it marked the first of many cottage trips that will be shared without my brother Jeff. We reminisced a bit, but the loss is still fresh, and it was hard at times to complete a thought. 
I was in the tiny bathroom getting ready when I remembered the toothbrushes. A rush of hope went through me as I reached for the cup, and found only two toothbrushes left. 
I was surprised and touched that the only two left out of all the kids were his and mine. I tearfully snapped the picture and put them back. 

1 comment:

Allison S. said...

Oh, I love treasures like that!

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...