Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Answers

And He answers...in the way that only He can. Sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly, but an answer always somewhere at the appointed time. 
Though on the outside, life has rattled me a bit with lots of planning and thinking and running around, somehow I know it will all work out. 
Because daily I continue to lean on the only peace I have. While losing Jeff tied up my heart and my tongue for awhile, my Spirit was still praying and pulling for me. I knew this, though daily I felt such distance, heartache, and confusion.
I know now in my heart the verse in action...
The one at the front of my Bible study folder...the one written in my own handwriting....
"Consider it pure joy when you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."
James 1:2-4

All along my trials, I have been concerned about my faith and my prayer life. My prayers seemed contrived and without conviction. I finally stopped. But I think my heart continued, and I think my tears spoke volumes. I need my faith and my love for God to be genuine in order for my relationship with Christ to be honest and real to me. 
This, to me, is where healing and strength, growth, and the sharing of my faith can be honest on the outside too. 
Thank you to those who were praying for me. I felt those prayers, and I felt a prompting to make some major changes that have begun to help me make better decisions for myself. 
I am most grateful for your influence and leading in my life. :) 

2 comments:

Angela said...

Jami, your post reminds me of two things. First is the scripture in Romans I think, that says the Spirit intercedes for us with groans when we do not have words. The other thing is from a book I read by M Robert Mullholland, called "Invitation to a Journey", Mullholland says that it is during the times we walk through the desert that God is doing the deepest work. I'm glad that you are seeing some answers to your prayers. May God continue to bless and strengthen you.

sirnorm1 said...

Your mess has turned into a message.
Your test has turned into a testimony.
Blessings to you miss Jami

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...