Sunday, January 3, 2016

Time to Write

I've heard writers say, "don't tell anyone you're working on a book! " Apparently it sets an expectation that you may get it published, when in fact, most submissions get rejected at first. 
I say to that, "oh well!" Do I really care if anyone knows my writing gets rejected? Chances are if it gets rejected, I'll tell them anyway! 
Rejection is probably what has held me back from starting my writing projects in the first place. Blogging is pretty safe, knowing I only have a few gracious readers who aren't correcting my mistakes or making editing suggestions, or telling me my ideas are ridiculous. 
But I think the time for "safe" has run its course. I need to take a step out of my comfort zone and see what else I can do with my writing. I've been saying it for years, thinking about it, and it would be a shame to not back it up with action. 
So 2016, I'm ready for the risk of rejection and frustration. As my oldest graduates from high school and heads off to college, and my youngest starts to drive, I also need some "wings" of my own. Something to call mine. 
If it's a pile of rejection, at least I know I tried! 
Now to write...the real work begins! 

1 comment:

Angela said...

Way to go Jami!!! Enjoy the process regardless of the outcome.

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...