Thursday, May 5, 2016

No Politics Zone

It's an election year, as if no one is tired of this fact by now, and no, I'm not going to discuss politics here. I like to avoid topics that have no clear cut answers and just get people all fired up with no place to go. 
The fact that I steer away from political discussions kind of bugs some people. But honestly, people who try to pull me into unwanted political discussions kind of bug me too. 
Here's the big reason for me. There are so many things I want to know about the people I talk to, and so little time to get to know them. I feel cheated when that little time gets wasted discussing politics. 
Because it's not always my close friends (in fact it's never them) who want to talk about it. It's people who have an agenda, and want to get their view across. So yeah, I don't like that feeling. 
If we have valuable time together, even a few minutes, I would love to know what your favorite music is, whether or not you plant a garden, and whose pictures are on your refrigerator. 
So, if I seem a little squirmish, or give you a blank stare, or smile and walk away, it's because you said the "p" word, and it's just not good for my brain. Love you, not so much this topic. 
Now, to set this straight. My desire to not discuss it has nothing to do with my concern or knowledge level of our political situations. Some assume wrong. That's the problem with assuming instead of just asking. I care. Just not discussing. Big difference. I respect your opinions and your choices, and I'm hoping you are checking into many sources for your facts and information instead of relying on just one or believing what one person tells you. 
That's all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...