Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A Reminder From Ken

Ken Davis is one of those people who can have me on the floor, holding my sides, laughing hysterically as I lose my bladder control. (okay, maybe not the last part....yet) So, when I'm in need of some laughter, I pop in one of his DVD's or I grab one of his books.

I admit, I've been a little touchy about some things lately, and there is not really anyone to blame. There are times I just get a little annoyed with the world or myself, whichever comes first that day. This morning, I was trying to sleep and many annoying thoughts were bothering me.

So, I jumped out of bed, let Sophie out, put the coffee on, and began making pancakes for my family. Take that, rotten thoughts! I am doing something good here!

My mind wandered over to Ken Davis, who we've been blessed to see in person. His life is far from perfect, in fact, he deems himself as "not right". He's kind of the Christian version of a Robin Williams type, lots of humor, but you know there's some pain in there somewhere. He has chosen to take his pain, and his faults and turn them into valuable life lessons. The humor is a bonus, but it's only when you can laugh at yourself that you "lighten up"!!

I think I do that for the most part, but I noticed that when I am annoyed or irritated at someone, I have a major creative block! I don't feel much like laughing or joking. Hmm....see the connection there? I certainly do. It's not until I let go of that that I get the breakthrough and the lesson, and the peace that comes from learning. Peace. Yah, that's just what I've been looking for.

check out more Ken at www.kendavis.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...