Friday, December 4, 2009

Takin' A Break!

Goodbye for now, readers, whoever you are.....I am taking a major break from my blog. It is that time of year where I need to be uber-focused on a million things, and some things just have to take a backseat!

As much as I love the Christmas season, I do not enjoy running from one event to the next, feeling tired and rushed. As much as I love to give gifts, I do not enjoy shopping. As much as I enjoy my kids' activities, there are too many right now. I am easily overwhelmed by it all. I love to bake, but I don't like to feel pushed to do so. I love wrapping gifts, but sometimes all I feel is the sting of overspending. We get more huge bills in December than any other month. We have more obligations in December than any other month. It's no wonder that it is difficult to remember the meaning of Christmas. It is no wonder I have to work at enjoying Christmas. I don't think I'm alone in this feeling. I admit it, the "busyness" of Christmas does get me down. I just want to stop. Think. Relax. Enjoy. Remember. Love. Rest. Give.

So, to help me remember the meaning of Christmas, I am going to do all of the above. I will start with Give. Whether I have a little money, or some extra, I will find a way to give. I will love where I didn't think to love before, and I will enjoy my friends and family. I will find peace in the "busyness", because all of those activities glorify the Lord. The Holy Walk we are attending tonight. Our traditional family trip to Frankenmuth tomorrow. Natalie's first band concert. Serena's first choir concert. The Night in Bethlehem event at our church, my dad's birthday, the annual Christmas party with our group of friends, the Christmas parade in town, and on and on. We do these things in honor of God and the gift of His Son, not because we need more to do.

All else is just "fluff" when you think of it that way. So while I will miss your hundreds of comments (tee hee...I know, I don't comment much either), I am taking a break for now, and will probably be back in January, after spending some time with my girls.

Have a wonderful Christmas and a happy, safe New Year. I will be thinking of you! One of the gifts I really want is for Allison to start blogging again. Hope Santa delivers!! :)

3 comments:

Princess, Daughter of the King said...

I'll miss you friend! But I completely understand! ENJOY the season! Simplify! That's my moto! :) Keep It Simple Sista!

Jennifer Bovee said...

Things really do get crazy this month but I hope that you are able to find peace and joy this holiday season. We will miss your charming and witty posts while you are gone.

We will be in Frankenmuth tomorrow also (for our anniversary) Maybe we will see you there! Hope you have some good family time!

Love ya,
jenn

Shoemaker Family said...

Pls...don't stop...just stop in a post a pic or two! Wouldn't you know that I posted last night and hadn't even read your blog yet!

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...