Monday, April 26, 2010

Hello again, Hello...I just blogged to say "Hello"

I can't believe it either...I just sort of quoted a Neil Diamond song...oh, the stories in my childhood that involve Neil Diamond. I can't even begin to tell you. Remember the one about Louise? Oh, I remember like it was yesterday. So, my parents played this Neil Diamond album (google it, youngsters...album, under "a" for antique) all the time at our house, and I swear I was going to be "Forever in Blue Jeans" for the rest of my life. Cute little Louise was over,you know, the daughter of my parents friends down the street. Of course you remember...


Anyway, cute little Louise was showing off, I mean, showing my parents her new dance moves from her cute little dance class. My dad was SO enthralled with her he didn't even notice me squished up against the kitchen wall trying to plan my attack on Louise. Insanely jealous of Louise? Me? Gawky little me? Haven't you been listening? Of course I wanted to tie her tutu up in knots. I can't remember the last time my parents paid that much attention to me, so I not only hated Louise, but I started hating Neil Diamond too! What? A huge scratch on the record? Musta been the dog...

Neil Diamond's song, "Cherry Baby" is also responsible for the loss of Steve's teeth as a young rock star. As he left the stage (fireplace hearth) after singing "Cherry Baby", he gyrated a bit too far to the left and the rest is dental history.

What can I say? I've got a million of these little weird memories in my head. I really should apologize to that cute little Louise one day....maybe.

Have a good day and share your favorite "song memories" with someone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...