Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Michigan Poem

I saw this on a friend's blog a few years ago and I came across it again today. I love all things Michigan, of course, including our "mitten" shape! I actually "published" a book about our cold Michigan life and sent it to a friend in Missouri. She loved it so much that she had it bound for me. I still treasure it today. It has nothing to do with this poem, of course, but maybe I'll share my book at some point too. Here goes...sorry I can't indent and make this all cool. It's winter here in Michigan and the gentle breezes blow Seventy miles an hour At twenty-five below Oh, how I love ole Michigan When the snow's up to your butt You take a breath of winter And your nose freezes shut Yes, the weather here is wonderful So I guess I'll hang around I could never leave my Michigan 'Cause I'm frozen to the ground. By the way, no snow as of yet, but I hear it's coming. Maybe in time for Santa??

1 comment:

Angela said...

Great poem! I lived in Northern Ontario for a few years and remember cold and snow very well. I'd love to hear more about your book some day.

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...