Monday, February 16, 2015

Post #1000

Today marks my 1000th blog post since I started my blog in 2008! I thought today's post should be unique and different to mark this special occasion, but then I thought, why should #1000 be any different than #1? 

And so it is, 7 years later, I'm still blogging about the "neighborhood" that is my life. Some would wonder why I'm not trying more to "build my reader audience", or "advertise", or "whatever"..., and the truth is, I'm still just writing. It's that simple. 

If you are reading, that's great, and I appreciate it and I hope you enjoy it! But I'm just an ordinary person who writes out of the sheer need to just put thoughts  "out there". Sure, my hope is to touch someone or make someone feel something worth feeling. That's the whole purpose of writing, I think. But if no one reads it, I still think it's worth writing, because I need to write. It's my thing. 

Sometimes I go back and read my own writing just to see how far I've come or what I've learned, haven't learned yet, or have yet to conquer. My own words serve a purpose to me that another person's words cannot serve. They convict and correct me on my own terms. They kick my own butt, soothe my own soul, tickle my own funny bone, and walk me down my own memory lane. My words are my own heartbeat. 

I write for me, and if you're with me, still with me, or just starting to know me, you'll find it might be about me, but you might just meet you too. 

I hope you stick around the neighborhood to see where I go next. There is always something to talk about and lots of feelings to take apart. Thanks for being here with me today and every day. Time to change my shoes now. ;)

(I sure hope you all get the Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood references... Not sure how many countries he is known in!) 


2 comments:

sirnorm1 said...

Congrats miss Jami. Blessings to you.

Angela said...

Congrats Jami! Well you write for you, often there is something that encourages or challenges me. So thanks for putting your thoughts "out there".

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...