Friday, April 24, 2015

Reflections

I was recently contacted by a couple of people who were looking for resources or support for their daughters and stepdaughters. These three girls have been diagnosed with scoliosis. One has just had a spinal fusion, another is most likely facing a future surgery, and the other is being monitored. I was able to do for them what we had desperately searched for and could not find when we were going through this very thing with Natalie. 
There are a lot of support groups for many things out there, but there are none for this type of surgery, at least not at a local level. The same rings true for sibling loss. 
I find that many, if not all of the trials I have faced in my life have left me feeling very alone in the battle.  They aren't the "popular, well-known variety".
Some trials have colors, walks, runs, races, ribbons, awareness weeks or days, and some trials are silent. I wonder why that is? 
Some are conquered and celebrated at the end. Some have heroes. And yet others go on and seem to only turn into bigger trials....I wonder why that is? 
Just reflecting today. 
I do a lot of that these days. 

1 comment:

sirnorm1 said...

You are not alone!

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...