Monday, March 28, 2022

The All of All

 Repeated exposure to worldviews has an impact on your own worldview and can change the way you think. It can have you repeating things you heard, and not necessarily things you actually believe. It's easy to forget Who is actually in control when you're watching the 24 hour doom channels 24 hours a day, scrolling social media all day long, or having unsavory conversations with whoever, wherever.   Conversations become peppered with anger, worry and fright and "what ifs", instead of the peace that comes when you are praying and trusting the Lord to guide both you and the situations at hand. There are so many things we just have no control over, yet we think by involving ourselves in perpetual worry and pointless arguments, that somehow it is helping something. An hour of checking in on the day's news is plenty enough time to be "informed" and get on with the real living of my day. We can be concerned, we can pray, and we can donate to causes that we feel moved to support, but worrying about things all day just does nothing. 

So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today. 

Matthew 6:34 NLT

What worry does is counteract your faith in God, who is in control and already knows the outcome of every situation, and provides the peace we will need to endure whatever those outcomes will be. There is a common saying, "Don't tell me the problems, show me your solutions." Well, sometimes we just don't have a solution, but God IS the solution. We already know all the problems, and boy, some of us are adept at presenting them over and over! We don't need to watch the news for 24 hours to know that there are endless problems. There are world problems, state problems, community problems, home problems, family problems, personal problems, and on and on. But focusing on  a constant barrage of problems without any real solutions can really chew at your spirit. Whatever you focus on is what you give power to, and some of us really give problems way too much control over our lives. What if we focused on WHO GOD IS? Forget what He can do. Do we realize Who He is?  We're getting all worked up over the news, and we think that's the end all be all.  If we focus on God, we have found our powerful solution. He is actually the ALL of ALL. 

Do not love the world nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 

1 John 2:15 

When we allow God to be a part of our lives daily, it should change how we see everything. Our habits, our moods, our relationships, our outlook, and even what we put in our bodies. If we are truly saying, "God, what do you want to watch on TV today," and wait for an answer, we would all be surprised that most of the shows we waste our time watching are not on his viewing list. We pray and say, "God, I'm so depressed. I'm so lonely." God says, "When is the last time you hung out with me?" He may even ask, "When is the last time you spent time with someone else who is feeling that way?" I can say this because I have felt both of these in my own spirit. It's not that "God helps those who help themselves." That's not really a thing. It's that God has always been there for us, waiting for us to ask for and accept His help. His help is often His strength to do the things we think we cannot do, and we forget to ask God to help us with those "little" things that could really make a difference in our lives. Little things we do to improve our lives can improve our spiritual lives, which also impact everyone around us in a positive way. We can be a fountain to others and not a drain! 

And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit. 2 Corinthians 3:18 ESV

Some "little things" I ask for frequently- God, help me stop getting in my own way. Time after time I trip over the same things, and it's because I haven't changed the way I've been doing something! If you want a different outcome, you have to do something different. If you want to learn something new, you have to study, right? If anyone saw my google search, they'd see what I'm trying to learn all the time! "What does God say about__________" -just fill in the blank.  God has something to say about everything, by the way!  The Bible is rich with knowledge and wisdom. It's not just an old book with old stories. One big thing I always ask for is this- Help me be the woman You created me to be, and don't let me miss what you had planned for me. I can guarantee that whatever He has planned for me is better than whatever I could come up with on my own. If you ask God to help you love Him more, He will. Ask Him.

What are we missing because we're tangled up with stinkin' thinking, or mindless  activities, or mundane mindsets? Life is passing us by because we're willing to stay "stuck?" Are we really living up to the potential that God sees when he looks at us? When He planned specifically for us to live on this earth and placed that special purpose in us? What are we tripping over? The past? Old mistakes? Bad habits? Worldly stuff? Things we can't or won't forgive in ourselves or others? It's time to set it all free. Leave it at the feet of Jesus, and ask for a whole new life with Him.  That is one request He won't deny. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9 

 If you want to trust someone more, you have to get to know as much about them as you can so you can see where all the perimeters are. Well, when you trust God, there are no boundaries. He takes you in, and He's all in. You are safe within His grasp. There's just no better friend than that. You can't be lonely if you consider God never leaves you alone. It is the Lord who goes before you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed. Deuteronomy 31:8 ESV You can't consider yourself "washed up" if you remember that God wants you to reach your highest goals too, and will set you up to do it.  (Jeremiah 29:11)

Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord, the LORD himself, is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation. Isaiah 12:2 NIV 

We need to keep in fellowship with God if we want to fully accept that we are not in control of what happens in this world. We are not the ones who can fix every broken thing or person in this world. We can only have the self-control we are given, and can handle each day as it comes. We can find God in every day, no matter what circumstance we may find ourselves in at any given time. We can be courageous, we can be grateful, we can be willing to give, help others, and we can thank God every day for getting us through another day. But we can't waste time wrestling with the devil, arguing with fools, worrying about things we can't change, and wasting precious minutes on things that one day won't even matter. 

Let's pray for the changes we want God to make in us.  Pray for those who are still searching, because they need it the most. Never lose hope, and never lose your focus. God will never take His eyes off of you. 

From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe. Psalm 61:2-4 


1 comment:

sirnorm1 said...

A lot of wisdom in this article. Thank you Jami

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...