Thursday, October 10, 2024

Challenge Update

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging. There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy place where the Most High dwells. 

Psalm 46:1-4


I am popping in to say that I will not be posting my final fire challenge this week, and it may be some time before I will be able to complete it. My vacation was not a factor, as previously stated, as the vacation did not end up taking place. I got sick and had to cancel our anniversary trip. I am waiting for the woodstove to be installed in the cabin and then I will complete the final challenge, God willing. 

My struggles pale in comparison to the millions of people down south who are reeling from the double hurricane aftermath. While there are plenty of places to donate, it is sometimes hard to vet the ones that are legitimate. I found some pre-vetted sites on today.com if you are interested.

May God be with each and every person struggling today, whether it is with a hurricane mess or some other disaster. There is no shortage of disasters in our big world. Sometimes there are so many things going on at once, I can't keep it all straight. Thank God I don't have to. We can pray, help each other, and keep looking for the blessings we know will be there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Challenge Update

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fal...