Friday, February 26, 2010

Just Call Me "Dino"

I'm not much of an abbreviator
LOL is just not me
Don't care too much for "twitter"
Maybe it's just my "nerd-ity"
Who reads this silly blog of mine
I don't even know
What's the point of all of this
What happened to "hello"?
When friends were "real"
And didn't end in "book"
That's where I want to be
Real faces,
Real voices
Real talking
Over ordinary tea.
Texting, email, instant chat
Blue tooth, i-phone, who really needs that?
A letter in the mailbox, homemade calls,
No cell phone ringing in bathroom stalls.
That's just me. Not a popular view,
But funny, I'm still happy
Without all the "whoop-de-doo"!
If that makes me a "dinosaur"
In your screen-reflecting eyes,
That's a title I can handle
And one that satisfies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...