Thursday, January 23, 2014

Joy

Our 8 year old furnace had been acting up for the last three weeks. Several cold nights and dollars later, we are finally warm again. I caught myself lamenting about " all the things breaking down at once!" And just realized in the midst of my whining that it can always always always be worse!!  Our circumstances may be a little rough right now, but we have so much more than that! God is so much bigger than this! He loves us and will see us through. Nothing can destroy what God has created. That means a lot to me in the midst of great financial strain. We are glad for the medical bills, for it means our daughter is on the mend.  However, $1000 propane bills I can do without. Sigh... And we wonder why it is so easy for our hearts to worry and slip our eyes off God sometimes? The world is hard and we are ill- equipped in the flesh. I thanked God in my prayers this morning that He is in me, and that with His Spirit, I simply cannot fail. What a peace that brings. He is always working, whether your furnace is or not!  He is where my help comes from, and He will continue to pull me out of the muck and set me high on a rock. This might not be a " happy" time, but we will have joy regardless of our circumstances because He IS! 

1 comment:

sirnorm1 said...

Amen! Good word.

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...