Friday, January 24, 2014

Weekend at the Nest

My favorite thing in the world is to be home, hanging out with my best friend and hubby ( one in the same!), deciding what movie to watch or what game to play with the girls. This is a time in our family to be cherished. In just a few short years, our time with our girls will be shared with the rest of the world- they will be driving ( one is almost licensed!), dating ( if we let them!), spending more time out with friends and school functions, and the dreaded first jobs. I say this because once they begin to leave the nest, leaving gets easier and easier.... To them. Never for us! I do dread them one day leaving for good. Big audible sigh...
I came across a good book to help me through this fast-approaching change: "Feathers for my Nest", by Beth Moore. I downloaded it one day when all her books were being offered for free. I chose it because I loved the cover. As I began to read it, I knew it was no coincidence. I have been asking God to help me prepare my birds for flight. To prepare me for an empty nest one day. It might be 4 years away, but it feels like 4 days in my heart. This world is super fast. My adaptation to change is super slow! This book has been ministering to my heart in so many ways and making me cry a little for what is certain to come. 
Tonight I will enjoy being tucked inside my warm and happy home, where daddy just gave our 14 year old daughter a running piggyback ride through the house. I cherish these times. I will miss this the most....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...