Monday, May 18, 2015

Butterfly




I think I might know how a butterfly feels. This past year has been a cycle of major life changes, some lasting longer than others. Some much harder to escape, requiring much effort and courage. Most, very isolating and quiet, requiring strength and some kind of hope that if I fall, it won't hurt if I don't fly right away. 
But I'm flying, a little sticky-winged at times, a little tentatively, and still testing the fall. But flying all the same, and trusting the few flowers that remain. 
I am calling them forget-me nots, because I won't forget that they helped me form my wings again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...