Thursday, September 8, 2016

A Dinner of Hearts

I had a migraine all day yesterday, and it was kind of a rough day. I didn't get anything on my list accomplished, and I really didn't feel like making dinner. 
Steve had a rough day at work too. His first week of the month days are always financial weeks, and they are pretty stressful, so I really felt guilty about not making dinner and taking care of my family like I usually do. 
He started making something pretty easy when he got home, and then went in to change clothes. 
Serena then stepped in to finish dinner, something she is more than capable of, and enjoys doing, but she had her college course homework to do also. 
Seeing dinner was being handled, Steve came in the living room to sit with me and see how I was doing. 
Minutes later, Serena walked in with a dish of food for me. I looked inside...
She had shaped my dinner into a heart. Then she said, "mom...if you post that on Facebook..." I told her first how sweet and thoughtful she was to do such a nice thing for me, and then said I wouldn't put it on FB. But I didn't say I wouldn't post it to my blog. :) 
She brought dinner to her dad too, and we all ate together in the living room. So much for a day being ruined by a migraine. I just keep getting blessed in spite of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...