Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Something in the bag is moving!

Oh, here I go again with the scaredy cat stuff. I don't know what it is about me lately. I used to be so fearless and brave! I went out to the garage to fill the birdseed cans to take out to the feeders. When I went to reach into the bag, it moved! Not only moved, but fluttered furiously! Of course, I screamed loud enough for neighbor Bill to hear. Then I ran into the house and yelled for Natalie, my 10 year old hero. I screamed, "Nat, come quick! I need your help!!" She sprinted (which never happens) to the top of the stairs, white-faced and looking quite worried. I led her to the garage and stayed on the threshhold, telling her, "that bag is moving! Go see what's in there!!" She laughed at me and gave me that "look" that said, "Mom, you're ridiculous!". She would be right on that account. I then saw the guilty chipmunk sprint from the bag, run under my van and hightail it out the door. Not convinced still, I had Natalie check the bag anyway. She said, "Mom, I kicked it, I shook it, there's nothing in there!" All the while, still snickering at me. We then went for a short walk, where I was again startled by a butterfly. It gave her just a little more to laugh at me about. I sure made her day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...