Thursday, March 11, 2010

What's Going On

As I sit here with my diet dr. pepper, 4 ribeye steaks are thawing in the kitchen, the girls have run out to check the sap buckets, and Steve is on his way home from a trip to Livonia. Life is good. My eyes have been swollen for 2 days now, but at least I could see today. I'm not sure what that's all about, but it's been an interesting look for me. Wow.

This week was busy, with a trip to a second orthodontist for Serena, Miss Overbite. I say that with love. The child was told from the time she was 2 that she'd be paying for her orthodontia one day. She'd just look at me and smile with her big blue eyes that said, "I have no idea what that is." Then she'd pop her thumb right back in her mouth. Well, our first orthodontist obviously was trying to finance a beach house on us. We got quoted about 10 grand. Yes, that is $10,000. Hello. We could adopt a child with that. Probably one with very straight teeth too. So, we went to another orthodontist who was able to quote us just over half of that with a wonderful option. Because of the dentist we use and a cool insurance program we will end up paying about $1000 total. Then we get a discount because I got my braces there years ago. So, not a bad trip after all. She's not quite ready for the braces yet, so don't call her "tin grin" just yet.

Serena also got her first pair of contacts! Kids are getting them younger these days. Glasses are expensive and getting broken all the time around here. Now if we can just get Natalie over her fear of touching her eyeball, we will be all set. It's a photographer's dream to not have to deal with reflective glasses in every picture! That and I love to see their pretty eyes. Serena is doing just great with her contacts. She cannot wait to pick out a cool pair of sunglasses this summer! Fashion is such a motivator for girls!

With Natalie's basketball pictures and some cool sporty notions sent to me by Patty, I was able to do a scrapbook layout today. It turned out pretty well. I am hoping to get back into it. I'm so far behind, and I can always find 100 other things I should be doing instead of enjoying myself. I know that sounds weird. I hope I get over it soon. Life sure is short.

I enjoyed some quiet time on my deck today, sitting in the sun, finishing Genesis. No, not the old Phil Collins band, but the book of Genesis in the Bible. Although I do like Phil Collins.... speaking of music....

I've been a bit bored with American Idol this year. I don't know what it is. It's just lackluster, I guess. Or maybe I'm moving on. Who knows.

So, that's about it for this chick. Just a shout out to my former bloggers/now facebookers, I miss you, and NO, I will not be joining facebook any time soon. Sorry! Maybe one day I'll talk about why!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...