Thursday, May 20, 2010

Mostly Good Stuff

It's officially spring, and things are a happenin' around the Rogers Ranch. We just picked the last of our asparagus for dinner tonight. Yum! Nothing like fresh veggies from your own soil! The apple trees are done budding, the raspberries are just starting, and my "Easter" garden planted by Steve and the girls is still looking beautiful with tons of tulips!

I was very happy with the results of American Idol last night...I'm a big Lee Dewyze fan! Both contestants are so likeable and humble....I wish they could both win! I truly enjoy the show. I never miss it!

I quit watching Dancing with the Stars, but I've started watching "The Middle" and it cracks me up. I'm a bit of a TV buff, I admit. I enjoy being passively entertained while winding down for the night. Steve and I watch the Tigers together occasionally, but mostly he watches while I flip through scrapbook magazines.

Speaking of scrapbooking, I put together a mini scrap room in the office, which is not ideal, but it will do. Patty, her friend Renee from Missouri, and myself are doing a Page Swap together. My layout is already on its way from Missouri. I am so excited to see it! I haven't started Patty's yet, but I imagine I'll be working on it soon, as the deadline is the end of May! It will be fun to see what we all come up with. I think June will be a challenge to use the same materials and colors.

June could also be another challenge, as I've been called for Jury Duty for the fourth time in 5 years. I'm sorry, I know I'm a citizen and all, but I am so not interested in any part of it. I wish they'd leave me alone!! I think it should be a choice, not a law. There are people who wish they'd get chosen. Why don't they get the letter? I've gotten 4!! I'm hoping my weak health will save me this time. I just think that if you really have no interest in it, you shouldn't be in a position of responsibility with someone else's life. Just my thoughts.

Other than that, I am looking forward to summer, and camping in our new camper! I am looking forward to barbecues in the back yard and I have a fun plan in mind for a gathering. It involves a "drive in movie" type of idea. I sure hope I can pull it off. I may use it for the girls' summer birthday bash or for some friends of ours! Maybe both...

I'm feeling a lot better, although I am still having nearly daily migraines. Luckily I have new medication that works fast, but I'm not supposed to rely on it too much. Ah, yes. I would make such a good juror. Sick all the time....oh, never mind. I'm done for now.

On the good side, we're almost done with school! It will be nice to be done with all the running, but they've both had a good year.

Some other changes could be in store, but I'll save that for another day! Have fun enjoying the nice weather and all the great things that spring provides! (Except for jury duty letters, of course)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...