Monday, November 29, 2010

Be Blessed

Today I helped prepare the church for the 2nd annual "Night in Bethlehem", which will take place this Wednesday night. The moment I arrived, my joyful mood was turned to sadness when I heard that one of our church families was involved in a serious car accident on Sunday. Thankfully, the family of 5 is alive and expected to make a full recovery. Still, I couldn't help but think of how the 3 kids reacted when this accident occurred and injured both of their parents right before their eyes. How scary it must have been to see daddy going off in a helicopter, and mom in an ambulance. How tragic it would be to not be sure your kids are okay. Sponge that I am, I just absorbed all of what they must have felt.

I also felt gratitude that the accident didn't claim any of their lives, especially those 3 children. I felt a great need to be of help to them however I can. I hope they allow me and others to care for them so they can see the blessing they are to us.

Anyway, hug your family just a little tighter. You never know what's around the corner. Be blessed this holiday season with the feeling of gratitude for what and who you have. Be ready to serve so you can bless others with your grateful heart!

And most of all, please pray for this family. I won't mention their name and I don't really have to. God knows who they are! Thanks!

1 comment:

Shoemaker Family said...

Perfect words...on so many levels...

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...