Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Fun Night!

Last night we (our family and Grammy and Grampy) attended the concert at Clare County Fair...The Band Perry (If I Die Young), opened by Kari Lynch, my brother Scott's daughter. Technically she's my niece, but until I meet her, I don't consider myself to be her aunt. She's a beautiful young lady, truly! She has such a talent, not only in her voice, but in her ability to entertain the crowd. She's a natural. She sounds a bit like Carrie Underwood, so she really has "it"! Check her out at www.karilynch.com. She will be in Clare tonight at the City Park performing again. I hope you'll find the time to check her out and give her some support! She writes her own music too, which I find admirable in any artist. If you like country, you will love her too!

We purchased her CD, and Natalie will most likely have it learned by the end of the week. By "learned", I mean she'll have the guitar chords figured out and all the lyrics learned. It is a joy to have musical talent in our family. My niece, Sara, has a voice of gold, and has since she was little. My brother, Tim, played a mean guitar, Jeff played trumpet, my dad sings, and I'd like to think I'm a little musical myself. We won't ask anyone to verify that!! My grandma used to play the organ when we were kids, and we remember how the volume was always so loud but Gram never noticed!

SO, I guess I could say that music has a way of connecting us. Would I have ever found out about Kari had it not been for seeing her in the paper for her music? It became just the small talk I needed to approach my brother in conversation. And it will now be an easier connection to him and to his other children. (I believe he has 4) It may be the thing that helps Natalie pursue her own music interests, seeing her cousin living out her own dream. Who knows where the road may lead.

While rain was threatening to close out our night, we enjoyed the concert rain free! It started to sprinkle as we left, then downpoured as we drove away.
Oh, and The Band Perry was amazing too! They are a brother/sister group from Tennessee, and from what I could tell...Christians too! They sang "Amazing Grace", Chris Tomlin style. Beautiful!!
What a fun night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...