Sunday, October 21, 2012

Volley Girl

Serena's first year of school Volleyball is done! It's been a lot of fun for both of us, as I've been helping the 7th and 8th grade teams at practice since the season started. It was an accident that started it! The coach was late getting to practice one day as she had been involved in an accident (she was ok, by the way). So her mom asked if I knew anything about volleyball. I replied, "sure" and ran the practice until she got back. I really enjoyed working with both teams, but I have to say that coaching is harder than it looks! Let's just say if all you had to worry about was teaching the sport and showing up, it would be a piece of cake! There are so many elements to coaching that can just really make it difficult, and I'm not sure it would be a good fit for me. I did commit to helping again next year because I really loved teaching and encouraging the girls to do their best!
The girls had never touched a volleyball before the season started, so let's just say this....we did the best we could!! Serena had fun and did her best, and that's all we ever require. Next year should be even better, especially if our coach decides to stay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...