Thursday, October 25, 2012

What's New in the Neighborhood

What's new in the neighborhood.... a few new shiitakes developed over the last few days because of this balmy October weather. I love walking a few feet into the woods and being able to pick a few gourmet mushrooms! We are in the process of trying to adopt another dog. I can't get into the details just yet, since there is a special situation going on behind the whole decision and it's not my story to tell. Bottom line, if it works out, we'll have 2 adorable white puppies in the house. Natalie's surgery has been scheduled for June 17th next year. Seems like a long way off, but there is alot to plan...finances, house/dog sitter, emotional and physical preparation, etc...Nat's feet are getting a bit cold, as expected. Steve has a chance to go to a world series game this Sunday, but I'm hoping he doesn't go. I wish I could tell you why! Just know I have a very good reason. I just can't share here. My mom and I went to a sweet little gift shop today and she bought my belated birthay present. A Lang calendar (that matches hers) and a print that I already have hanging over our bed. It's a beautiful rolling hills setting in the background, a big maple tree in the foreground with "Love you 4ever" carved in the trunk! It has a beautiful saying on it about marriage...I just loved it immediately! I also purchased a beautiful picture of Jesus holding a black lamb close to his chest, smiling down at it. When I asked about the print, the store owner told me that the author had a special reason for using a black sheep instead of the traditional white ones. She said the artist's father used to raise suffolk (sp) sheep, and that sometimes new Christians feel like outsiders in their new Christian environment.Sometimes they feel like the "black sheep", and these prints are to remind them that Jesus loves ALL of his sheep and sees them all the same. Now I want the whole series! And at only $3 for a 5x7, I just might get them all! So that's what's new in the neighborhood. Not much. Well, there is more, but I like to keep you waiting. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...