Friday, November 9, 2012

Happy Howl-a-Birthday

Those of you with great computer connections....consider yourselves very lucky! My computer and I differ greatly on how things should be done. Long story short, I can't blog from home anymore! Ugh! Anyway, we've been busy! On October 29th, Angel turned 2 and we had our annual family Halloween party. Complete with a dog-themed decor and food, we also had a dog-themed scavenger hunt! Steve decked out the tree house as the final stop, and it was spooky! The party was so much fun. We've done it for several years now, just the four of us, and it never fails to be a great family time.
Steve always has fun coming up with the scavenger hunt, and I love coming up with a menu and decorations. This year we had "bones and blood" (bone-shaped breadsticks with marinara), "mummy dogs", "Kibbles and Bits" (chex mix), "bones and barf" (bone-shaped cookies with pumpkin dip), "found in the yard" (chocolate clusters), and the usual stromboli, tortilla roll ups, chips and cheese, and a "purr purr platter" (mexican layer dip with a cat face). The girls still love all the fun foods and the names I come up with. Every year I think maybe they're outgrowing it. Nope. They said they'd bring their kids home one day for the parties!! I can't wait. Well, yes, I can....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...