Thursday, September 12, 2013

Remade

My daughter Natalie attended a leadership conference for motivated music students yesterday. When she finally texted me to tell me it was over, I texted back, "How are you feeling?" I meant physically,  because every time she steps out of the house to go anywhere, I worry just a bit. She texted back, "Good! EMPOWERED"

This just warmed this mom's heart. I don't have a ton of self confidence. In fact, I've often wondered how to raise leaders when you aren't much of one yourself. I usually "fake it til I make it" sort of thing when it comes to confidence. I've often worried that the girls would one day figure me out and be disappointed that I didn't do all the things I advise them to do now.

In fact, when she was going over some of the things we learned last night (until 11:30pm!), she said it's impossible to be a good leader if you don't believe in yourself. That explains it, doesn't it?? I cannot say enough that this conference was a God thing. I pray for this all the time. That my girls would pass and supersede me. Not stay stuck like I have been.

She was beaming and bubbling as she talked about all she had learned and who she had met. And ask I looked over at Serena, her face was just as lit up as Natalie's. What a cool moment.

Nat says, "oh, and I have a secret...maybe I shouldn't say anything. Then she said, oh, it's just you guys. I can tell you anything." To be honest, I didn't care about the secret. I was blessed by the fact that she feels she can share anything with us, her family. Just another way her surgery and recovery has blessed her and our family.

God knows what He is doing. He can build my daughters, and He can rebuild me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...