Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Onward and Upward

Sometimes I wish I could have "hand-picked" the family in my life. The possibilities are endless. And friends! Wouldn't it be awesome to just pick some out of a book and have them all be perfect too?? And a dog that never barks, while I'm at it! And what if we never had to feel loss or rejection again?? Whoo hoo to that!!

I picture all this perfection and I know why I don't have it! Because if everything in my life was "hunky dory" all the time, I would have no need for God.  No humility, no weakness, no one to be grateful to.

His purpose far exceeds what I can understand. I don't just question my life, I question everything around me. We live in a fallen world, for sure. We have an enemy lurking who would love to see us fail. I've seen people fail for lack of faith in God. I've also seen people who lack God have tremendous "luck" and "prosperity". I'm not foolish enough to believe it...it comes with a cost. I may get down and I may have times of hard "luck", but I know His purpose for me will prevail, no matter how the circumstances appear.

So, onward and upward, imperfections and injustices in tact! Onward and upward with hurts, rejections, disappointments, invisibility (apparently my superpower), and so-called "failures". I always thought God gave me more "troubles" so that I would be sensitized to the feelings of others and be able to help them. Maybe that's true, but it's hard even to help a hurting person when you want to be alone with your  own wounds.  And that's makes the enemy's work way too easy. Get us alone.

 God doesn't want any of us to be alone, to even feel alone. He wants our eyes on Him, not our troubles, not our feelings, not our weak flesh, and not on others. It's His challenge to me to focus focus focus on good. Learn about His love for me all over again. Learn how to share His love again, and learn not to look back. To be genuinely in love with life, not just going through the motions.

To genuinely want to share the unique person He made me to be. The person only He can see right now.

This one's for us, Angela!! Let's figure this out together!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...