Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Missing Patty

Feet. I am not a fan. Where else can you find bunions, corns, callouses,ingrown toenails,smells, warts,and other weird things? Looking at my feet I thought of friends. I know that's not very nice, but sometimes friendship hurts and doesn't look very good either. My expectations of friendship are high. Why just love a little when you can love a lot? Guess it's my own theory not shared by all. I am hurting today. Call it a big ole bunion.

It's nice to have a friend who is like a good long foot soak. If she could, she'd be there for everythingI go through. She calls just to say "hi" even though she has 4 kids, a job and a traveling husband. She calls to ask me for my cinnamon bun recipe almost every time because she can't ever find it. We would be doing weekly outings, much to the dismay of our families, I'm sure. She misses me. I miss her. We send notes to say just that. We are more like sisters, craving each other's lives, loving each others kids, caring about each other's goals, dreams, and feelings. We both have other friends, but have found we're still the outsider no matter how hard we try.

However, if I want to see her, it's a 10 hour drive. Not real convenient to go to the local coffee shop. In our case, it would be the scrapbook store. And when we get together, it's like we were kids again, goofing around, laughing and teasing. talking about jumping on the old mattress in the backyard. Too many memories to mention, but all so special in my heart. Time flies when she comes home to visit.

When a friend hurts me here, I need her more. Guess that's pretty normal. We tend to need comfort from those we love when things are just a little off kilter. I guess that's God's way of reminding me that he is my best friend. Yes, people disappoint and it stinks. They don't even think sometimes. You have to take a walk in someone else's shoes, on someone else's feet to know how they feel. Many people don't do that.

My steps are heavy today. My thoughts are scattered. My dog kept me up all night pacing in the kitchen. Other noises kept me out of my own bed. It's no surprise my dapper is down, or however they say it. My knickers are in a knot, someone pooped in my ice cream.

Although it's good to call myself a Christian, make no mistake, it doesn't make life easy. I will have to pray a lot today. Next week will be a new perspective again. That's just how life is.

2 comments:

Jennifer Bovee said...

I swear, it's like you can read my mind! Or, maybe its the "great minds think alike" thing we've got going on...

Princess, Daughter of the King said...

I'm sorry you were sad! I could beat someone up for you if you'd like! But Poop in your ice cream...now that is disgusting!

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...