Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Beachin' It Up

Every summer we head to Ludington with my parents for a beach day. My mom and her only sister used to spend many summer days playing in this same spot with their parents, who are now gone. So, it was only fitting to invite my aunt along, and she brought her granddaughter, Kayla. Next year, we hope to get more of the family coming, as it is a great time to just hang out and enjoy the company. It is a beautiful place to go. I hope you will make it there sometime if you haven't already!
Here are the girls "wave surfing". The waves are always a blast for all of us to play in. My mom and aunt and I waded a bit into the icy cold water, and boy, did it feel good! The sand is a great way to soften up your feet too!
No grand sand dragon this year. This time it's a sand igloo made with snow block makers. All the kids, including Steve, helped build and design the igloo. Steve spent a lot of time out in the water with the girls having a blast!

Serena decided Kayla was "mermaid-worthy", so a mermaid she is! Kayla is 13 and had a great time with our girls!

Serena and Kayla would roll in the sand, then dive headfirst back into the water. Oh, to be young and carefree....and not care where the sand ends up in your bathing suit.....

We enjoyed a casual picnic after all the beach fun, then called it a day. I spent the whole day with a migraine, and it got worse as the day went on, but I was blessed to have the beautiful lake, the breeze, and the fun of being with my family for a whole day! Take that, migraine!



1 comment:

Kim said...

wow what a fun time!!!

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...